QTraining2 | Bronze-Qiskit | May 3-9, 2021
The training program is organized by QTurkey. We will use the tutorial Bronze-Qiskit released in February 2021 with the support of IBM Quantum during this training program. We aim to make ready several mentors to take part in the upcoming QBronze Workshops using Bronze-Qiskit.
The main prerequisite for the application is being familiar with tutorial Bronze, i.e., the ones who have successfully completed a QBronze workshop or already done some mentoring in such workshop(s).
Contact: workshop [at] qturkey.org
Each participant of this program should commit to accepting the invitation of being a mentor or lecturer in at least one future QBronze workshops.
Participation & Program
We accepted 50 applications, and 19 completed the program.
We used Discord server for our communications, Zoom for the meetings, and Canvas to manage the written materials.
- 1st assignment (Question preparation): The participants prepared 2 questions about each notebook and 2 general questions about each section. The questions were collected through Canvas.
- 2nd assignment (Question answering): The participants were asked to answer 10 questions in among the collected questions. They were also assigned into groups and answered 10 questions together with their group.
- 3rd assignment (Answer Evaluation): The participants were asked to review at least 50 question/answer pairs answered by the other participants and give a score between 1-5.
There were three live sessions.
- Welcome session: The program was discussed and Canvas and Discord servers were introduced.
- Mentoring session: Mentors from the past workshops shared their experiences about mentoring.
- Closing session: Some questions were discussed together which were not answered correctly bye participants.
Özlem Salehi, Utku Birkan, Caner Ercan, Cem Nurlu, Zeki Seskir
Code of Conduct
Our event is dedicated to providing a harassment-free workshop experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter and other online media. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event.
We respect the minors (children under age 18) and we must make every effort to protect their rights. All private relationships, private communications (including social media channels), or sexual contacts with minors are prohibited.
The default communication channel between the organizers and participants is e-mail and using the tools mentioned above. Except filing the application form, the contact info of any attendee or participant cannot be requested by any person from organizer side (i.e., mentor, educator, speaker, organizer, sponsor, or volunteer). On the other hand, any person from organizer side may share his or her contact info with a participant who is not a minor, upon request by the participant.
A minor can access the emails of the main organizers on the event’s website. If a minor interested in working with a person from organizer side for scientific or pedagogical purpose, then he or she should read this document before contacting this person: https://qworld.net/code-of-ethics-and-conduct/#minors
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the organizers immediately.
Check this link for more details: https://qworld.net/code-of-ethics-and-conduct/